View Single Post
Old 04.18.2012, 11:50 AM   #19
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm struggling to think what to suggest. It's all jazz, classical and 'world' stuff round here of late, plus a lot of music by people I know.

I'll tell you what, the Bang the Bore 6 CD compilation (here) is well worth a punt - several hours of top quality stuff ranging from EAI, free improv, olde-timey noise, Psych, sound-art, folk-hybrid stuff, laptop squiddle - well worth a punt. And hopefully I'd say that even if I didn't have a vested interest.

One of the best things I've heard recently is an archive programme from BBC radio 1 of Andy Kershaw in Zimbabwe in 1988 - here. Really, seriously worth a listen, it's kind of touching and features loads of great soukous, which is always good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|