View Single Post
Old 06.15.2010, 12:02 AM   #67
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
this is the first world cup I have been more interested in the sports rather than politics. I was very surprised with US defense against the furious offense in UK.. I was hopin my folks from parahuay would put the smack down on Italia but a tie is much better than a loss in the Cup..

Of course the only drag is the teams are not necessarily representative of that country's talent like it used to be, only teams like Korea(north or south) and Japan have predominantly national teams, the rest are all imports. That is what makes Japans win over Cameroon so interesting, cuz generally speaking Japan sucks but at least they are largely japanese..

sorry about the correction i'm about to make, but here it goes: all of the italian team plays in italy, same as the german team playing in germany, the english in england, and the spanish in spain. they don't have "imports". podolski is a pole but he played in the bundesliga and, believe it or not, was rejected by his own national team! (poles are famous dunces). klose was born in poland but has a german father. and of course he plays in germany. in fact, the base for the german team is the bayern munich. ozli and gomez are children of immigrants and german from birth.

reason for this is phenomenon is that these countries have rich & mighty world-class leagues that attract talent rather than export it. hence, the american goalkeeper plays in england, the paraguayan goalkeeper plays in spain, but the reverse doesn't happen. the "imports" you find in the usa are mostly, i'm sorry to say, "rejects". but not like podolski.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|