View Single Post
Old 12.23.2009, 05:57 AM   #96
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
On a personal note, Kierkegaard. Or, rather, some of Kierkegaard since he's a bit all over the place.

The ongoing debate with Kierkegaard revolves around him not being Christian. There's a lot of people would say that his 'Christianity' is only inches away from Nietzsche's. Personally, I tend to think that Nietzsche is Christian anyway, but I'm often more inclined to agree with my own detractors, in a strange twist of logic.

The thing with Christianity, by which I mean the social Christianity, the Christianity that gives us democracy (amongst other things), is such a saturated epistemic that most atheism is little more than a mourning for lost Christianity, rather than its outwright dismissal. Philosophically, I tend to feel Christianity itself is as much a fight for the 'true' anti-Christ that the now-fashionable 'atheism' forms only an adumbration of that dialogue.

None of this is a comment on anything that's important to the true believers (articles of faith, dogma, trinitarian belief etc etc), which is a whole different thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|