View Single Post
Old 07.25.2018, 03:12 PM   #22693
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
OK, got a question:

Must one see The Room in order to “get” The Disaster Artist?

I’ve seen several video essays about The Room and I get a lot of the references. I know the plot. But I can’t omagine slogging through it from start to finish.

I want to watch Disaster Artist, but friends tell me I won’t get the full experience.

Thoughts?

No, seeing The Room beforehand is not mandatory by any means, but I do think I enjoyed watching Disaster Artist more having seen it. I literally watched them back to back in an afternoon, and enjoyed it that way.

There are a few low-key references and easter eggs in the Disaster Artist that might not be fully appreciated w/o viewing The Room, like a light-hearted "let's play football" when they first start hanging out.

And like he said above me, The Room was really not a slog at all. There is enough absurdity in it all to really make it entertaining. And you seem to like to analyze the creative aspects of how certain things come to be. The Room is analytical viewing at it's finest, ha.
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|