View Single Post
Old 08.15.2010, 12:13 AM   #5360
Death & the Maiden
expwy. to yr skull

Death & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard suckaDeath & the Maiden cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Earl Of Slander
Fucking hell, I cannot express my approval hard enough. One or two names I don't know there (Kousokuya and Che-SHIZU), but PSF is one of the few labels where I can just see their logo and know that, even if it's not GREAT, the record will definitely be worth listening to. And it probably WILL be great. Very special thumbs up for Affection, which is not only my favourite PSF record, but one of those albums that always has to be considered as just flat out one of my most loved records. There are a very select few albums where I can point to them and just be like 'I'm not quite sure how I would have got through a very hard time without that', and it's unquestionably one of them to me. Haino is generally one of my all time musical gods. 'Era of Sad Wings' is also achingly fantastic.

EDIT: 'Heavier Than a Death in the Family' is also obviously badassery.
Yeah, I've just been obsessed with PSF lately, I bought 12 CDs last month, and then found out about a sale they're having for their 25th anniversary so I just had to get more.
Kousokuya are probably my second favourite PSF band (after Shizuka). They get compared to Fushitsusha a lot (and Jutok Kaneko with Haino), but they don't really sound that similar. You should definitely get their first album. Che-SHIZU I don't really know anything about, I haven't even youtubed them (I just needed something to make up the 14) but as you said, because it's PSF it'll definitely be worth listening to.
I'll now have more than 30 PSF titles, but all of them will be psych rock, I haven't even begun to look into the folk and jazz stuff yet.
Death & the Maiden is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|