View Single Post
Old 08.14.2010, 06:55 AM   #5357
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death & the Maiden
Les Rallizes Denudes - Heavier Than a Death in the Family

Keiji Haino - Nijiumu
Keiji Haino - Affection
High Rise - Dispersion
Nijiumu - Era of Sad Wings
Che-SHIZU - Nazareth
Keiji Haino - Watashi-Dake?
Fushitsusha - Pathetique
VA - Tokyo Flashback 4
VA - Tokyo Flashback 5
Kousokuya - 1979 First Live
VA - Tokyo Flashback 6
VA - Tokyo Flashback 7
Fushitsusha - Eien no houga saki ni te o dashitanosa
The Stars - Today

Fucking hell, I cannot express my approval hard enough. One or two names I don't know there (Kousokuya and Che-SHIZU), but PSF is one of the few labels where I can just see their logo and know that, even if it's not GREAT, the record will definitely be worth listening to. And it probably WILL be great. Very special thumbs up for Affection, which is not only my favourite PSF record, but one of those albums that always has to be considered as just flat out one of my most loved records. There are a very select few albums where I can point to them and just be like 'I'm not quite sure how I would have got through a very hard time without that', and it's unquestionably one of them to me. Haino is generally one of my all time musical gods. 'Era of Sad Wings' is also achingly fantastic.

EDIT: 'Heavier Than a Death in the Family' is also obviously badassery.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|