Thread: Even worse
View Single Post
Old 10.22.2009, 11:38 PM   #10
Timmy Noise
empty page

Timmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's assesTimmy Noise kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrb
As most know thurston played on their mouse or rat and leaving records is that where the punk influence in sonic youth comes from?

Thurston's only appearance on vinyl with Even Worse is on the b-side of the 45 "Leaving/One Night Stand." I played bass in the line-up of Even Worse that included Thurston...Thurston is credited on "Mouse or Rat," and in fact his picture is on the insert of the 45 (it was taken at the first gig we played at Tramps, in June of '82), but he doesn't actually play on that 45. He does, however, play on "One Night Stand," a song written by Thurston and Even Worse vocalist Kenny Temkin that was recorded live at Great Gildersleeves (don't ask me the date, but I remember we were opening for Minor Threat). Because Thurston's scheduling conflicts with the Glenn Branca Ensemble meant that he couldn't perform at every Even Worse show (in '82 and '83), we had a regular 'sub' guitarist, a fellow named Steve Waxman. Occasionally, we would play gigs with both Steve and Thurston. Following the break-up of that line-up of Even Worse (Jack Rabid - drums, Tim Sommer - bass, Thurston Moore - guitar, Steve Waxman - guitar, Kenny Temkin -- vocals), I joined the Glenn Branca Ensemble (largely on the recommendation of Thurston and Lee Ranaldo), and later formed my own band, Hugo Largo. Steve Waxman, who as stated subbed for Thurston and sometimes played alongside him, became the head of publicity for Warner Music Canada. I hope I have shed some light on an obscure footnote in SY history, and I will be happy to add more details if there is any interest!
Timmy Noise is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|