View Single Post
Old 05.03.2006, 02:49 PM   #95
Patrique
empty page

Patrique has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I've had this for about a week and I'm buying the retail today- first few impressions are that I like it better than Lateralus, at least musically (a lot of Lateralus's lyrics are untouchable to me) and it's just a shade below Aenima. Wings to Marie (part 2) and Right in Two have to be my favorite tracks; Right in Two is definitely one of the band's best ever. The riffs on "Rosetta Stoned" are unbelievable and I love the long intro with the two interludes. For everyone who was underwhelmed by the leak, I suggest another listen; it's an album that grows on you.

And as far as A Thousand Leaves goes, funny you should mention that as I've been listening to it a lot lately. I like most of Kim's tracks, at least musically; some of the lyrics are...ummm..."He's just a kitten!". Sure. The only one I really actively dislike is "The Ineffable Me", although "Heather Angel" would be much better without the pointless break they throw in. I don't think it's really a case of Kim's tracks being bad as they are just not as good- and very stylistically different- from the rest of the album.
Patrique is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|