View Single Post
Old 08.01.2006, 11:33 AM   #35
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i read this somewhere >>>-------> the name IDM was invented by some americans on an internet mailing list in the early/mid 90s, so it was neither critics, nor people who who had any involvement with dance music.
and i might be making this part up, i can't remember, but i think it was coined in reference to autechre. and bearing in mind that they were on the internet in the early 90s i would imagine they were probably connected to some kind of academic institution, or were geeks, or both. and being either academics or geeks they probably frowned on house or techno. plus americans tend to hate dance music and start ranting about disco whenever they hear something predominantly rhythmic.
Yeah i read all that stuff and i've always been fascinated as to why europe is generally a much more receptive continent when it comes to electronic music.The american disco bashing is a laughable thing since it is an american creation that should be treasured rather than laughed off.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|