View Single Post
Old 07.18.2017, 11:24 AM   #6
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Should any non-American bands play in America?

USA did some fucked up things in the past, and USA is doing some fucked up things presently. USA should be punished.

This is basically my take on it. I think it's extremely hypocritical for all of these American and British artists to come down so hard on Radiohead when non of them are prepared to take similar steps to take a stand against the Trump administration, which they all claim to hate and blah blah.

Of course, Apartheid is not currently present in the US, but goddamn — Roger Waters is bashing Trump on tour, and insists on bashing Netanyahu with a boycott. It's like talking out of both corners of your mouth, saying different things.

I don't want to get my ass handed to me by a bunch of people who think I'm an Israel apologist, but my gut is telling me that the average people of Israel are probably no more guilty here than the average Anerican is guilty of groping pussies and colluding with foreign powers to systematically implode the foundation of a functional democracy.

Radiohead doesn't need the Fucking money. They're not playing this show out of greed. They're playing because they played in Israel prior to the boycott, as did other artists who have aligned with the cause, and they aren't part of said boycott, so they'd rather satisfy their fans who have purchased tickets than a bunch of rich yuppie fucks playing protestor.

(Not that Thurston Moore is a rich yuppie fuck, but he's not a poor hippie with a heart of gold either)

I can't stand the war of words between EXTREMELY privileged white folks who don't have any first-hand experience with the very thing they're protesting about. It's conscience cleansing lip service.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|