View Single Post
Old 08.24.2006, 01:12 PM   #53
darthblav
little trouble girl

darthblav ain't too shabby
I have not really played other artist's songs for years. When I have done a cover, it is normally a different take than the original.

When I was just starting out guitar player and guitar magazine helped me learn all the 90s alternative essentials on guitar (pj, nirvana, stp, soundgarden, pumpkins, weezer, etc) but i also had big classic rock influence by learning all the led zepplin I -III from front to back on bass, pink floyd, beatles, hendrix catalog (on bass), neil young, bowie. I also knew the whole pumpkin catalog pretty decent, same for pj. But then I went to college, and that is a different chapter in this story.

Like others said, I prefer creating my own stuff to play. I guess that is why I am in a original band?

I do think for the newbie musicians, learning songs is a great way to develop yourself technically and stylisticly. For me, it helped me develop the writing style I use today. Ultimately, I think what really makes you strong is playing with other people as a musican because it is a different ball game from playing along with a song.

As for Ebows, I do love them. Yes the sound can be replicated, but it still is not an Ebow.

I have been playing bass for about 11 years and guitar for 10. I would consider myself a decent bass player and just an ok guitar player.