View Single Post
Old 05.05.2010, 11:11 AM   #2
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I think she's saying that theirs is a political action - while noise artists in the West might get the odd punch thrown, or some police action from anti-socialness, these guys are pretty much putting their lives on the line. It's not the dilettantish action of the mastubatory distortion pedal-twiddler making 'music', but a political action with very real consequences for those making it, and listening to it within China.

Theirs is a different order of social resistance, more volatile than the average noise group. They're not playing the game of 'Oh, I hope I can get to play the knitting factory' - I assume that's what the 'not to come to America' statement means.

Can you link to where Diamanda says this? I'm going on a non-context and a fragment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|