View Single Post
Old 10.11.2007, 08:13 PM   #18
lungfish
bad moon rising

lungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asseslungfish kicks all y'all's asses
i saw it today at Film Forum here in nyc.
it actually blew me away how deeply moving and beautiful the film's portrayal of Ian is.
and the music sounded so great, so alive.
the b&w (the only way it could be done really) gives it that perfect feeling and look.
i went with my girlfriend who had only heard a little of Joy Division and she thanked me incessantly when we took the train back home haha.
and the movie, to me, succeeds in that sense. you don't have to be a Joy Division fan to watch this movie and have it affect you.
in fact, it's better if you don't know who the band is or only know little. the story is so honest and so heartfelt that it has the power to affect anyone who watches it.
and boy.. the music plays such a huge part in telling the story.
it was so good to hear. it succeeds amazingly in that sense.

it's emotional and sad and Morton is lovely as Deborah, and Sam Riley nails Ian beautifully.
and so great that it's directed by Corbijn, who did a beyond great job in bringing Deborah's story of/life with Ian to the screen.

wonderful, heartbreaking movie.
(not without some funny bits though haha)
lungfish is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|