View Single Post
Old 05.19.2009, 10:52 PM   #26
SonikJesus
the end of the ugly

SonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's assesSonikJesus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Than_You
Well.. Maybe he was just trying to get his beats more cut.. but you can definitely see the transition.. like there's more synth and theyre more complex... and he was on mtv for a little while.. and I just wonder, 'are you trying to look more cut, or fit to the commercial hip-hop audience a bit more'

just my interpretation.

but like.. just hearing stories about him from some friends that met slug at parties.. he's a total dick. all about the success, let it get to his head.. wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to 'make it big', you know?

my friend (whos a young up-coming rapper in the mpls area..) was like, 'how do i get into clubs?' and his response was, 'tell them you're me.'
and another friend of a friend met him at a party.. explained that he was one of his favorite rappers and blhablhablhablhablhablaha. his response, 'i dont need another fuckin' fan.'

so, like.

yeah.

not that this affects how i see him musically, but it does raise questions about what exactly he's trying to do with his music.

I actually thought it was less commercial and that it also had a lot less sampling with more live instrumentation.

But that stuff you said about Slug sucks. I didn't know he was like that. I hate it when people you admire turn out to be dicks.
SonikJesus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|