View Single Post
Old 06.15.2009, 11:54 PM   #52
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
the right word for the mars travolta is that they are exceedingly overpretentious, in that nothing they say they do is an inch of what it really is.

i have feelings of creepiness over them because a) i loved at the drive-in and b) i loved tremulant and de-loused in the comatorium...hell, i even think comatorium is one of my favorite albums still. but everything else i've heard them do is wanky solo after wanky solo after some yelping in random english and random spanish nothing but boredom in arrangements, instrumentation, production, etc.

i had the misfortune of seeing them live at a festival, they can't jam for shit even, they just play solo after solo in slow progression over the same riff until they come back to the composed part. and cedric has actual contempt for the audience, he wanted to throw a fire extinguisher to the crowd (this, from the guy who used to stop shows if people slamed because they get hurt).

i also think it's sad that they stole their name from volta do mar, i used to think their name was pretty cool until i found out volta do mar existed before them.

anyway, i liked the record omar did with damo suzuki like two years ago.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|