View Single Post
Old 06.28.2008, 05:10 PM   #2163
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, that Ron Jeremy doc isn't that good.

Never heard of Dr. Chopper, I gotta see that!

And as I've said before, Blow Out (a sort-of remake of Blow Up) is one of my all time favorites.

Thriller: A Cruel Picture is this HOT AS HELL chick being forced to have sex with men so she can get 2 doses of heroin a day. There's lots to like -- slow motion violent gunshot deaths, a dark and gritty atmosphere, and it's all entertaining and well-paced... however, at some point in the movie, it's the same scenes over and over: A chick training in hand to hand combat, then driving a car, then shooting things, having sex with dudes, getting a heroin fix, repeat. This goes on for a good 45 minutes or so, with some parts that go back to the actual plot.

It's entertaining and definitely worth seeing but I don't see it being anyone's favorite film. It's better than, like, Kill Bill or something though (and you can see many elements Quentin ripped from it -- in fact, I think Tarantino said THriller was his favorite revenge film). The version I saw had actual sex scenes in it.. .with cocks going into vaginas, and cum coming out. Obviously different cocks and vaginas than the actors/actress but still. Not disturbing or anything, it just kinda was like, "Whoa.. wasn't expecting that!!"

All in all, it's compelling and well-made, but it has a few weak spots and parts that don't go anywhere and it's all a bit too simple to thoroughly enjoy. Still worth seeing for some of the weirdest editing I've ever seen in a film and the slow-motion death scenes. I can't even describe these.. I'll attempt to.. as soon as a gun shot blast happens, you see the impact and blood spurt everywhere in slow motion and then there's an overdubbed "RAGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" high-pitched scream (unless it's just the screams slowed down and pitch-shifted up)... and there's this other scene where a dude is running from a gunshot and a vase explodes behind him in slow motion. Crazy.

Mildly reccomended!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|