View Single Post
Old 07.02.2008, 12:31 PM   #109
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
quite a few, and by positive I mean not trying to use his math to disprove the unprovable, that is divinity. Dyson is like Newton, he uses math in a more positive direction rather then to simply prop atheism, which is the fashionable use of science these days.

Dyson interview

what mathematician wastes time tying to "prop atheism"? math doesn't prove or disprove that. do you understand math?

here's a quote from dyson himself:

Quote:
"My personal theology is described in the Gifford lectures that I gave at Aberdeen in Scotland in 1985, published under the title, Infinite In All Directions. Here is a brief summary of my thinking. The universe shows evidence of the operations of mind on three levels. The first level is elementary physical processes, as we see them when we study atoms in the laboratory. The second level is our direct human experience of our own consciousness. The third level is the universe as a whole. .

[...]

I don't say that this personal theology is supported or proved by scientific evidence. I only say that it is consistent with scientific evidence."

dyson understands science, but you don't. you sound like a jihadist. jihad for jesus!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|