View Single Post
Old 07.17.2008, 09:12 PM   #21
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by batreleaser
i thought the evens, joe lally solo, and soccer team are all terrible. just me. black eyes is pretty good though. and yea, some of the 90s stuff was pretty good, but cmon, the faith, void, minor threat, government issue, rites of spring, youth brigade etc.. or nou, make up, jawbox, faraquet, etc..? there isnt even a comparison between the quality of music between the two decades.

yeah but you can't really compare the two decades since all the members of those bands got older and started non straight foward punk bands. but yeah you got a point. i just think of it as a new era for dischord because it's impossible to compare any of the great early harDCore bands with some of the great 90's bands (the only 4 for me that can compare with the hardcore bands are fugazi, nou, the make-up and slant 6).

i also hate how people compare fugazi (and the evens) with the members past bands. not everyone wants to make straight foward hardcore for their whole lives. i bet if fugazi sounded like rites of spring or minor threat part two it would be horrible. also, can you imagine ian mackaye fronting minor threat at 46?
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|