View Single Post
Old 09.19.2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
But really, contender for worst recording in the history of the world has to be S-K's THE WOODS. Years later, I'm still pissed at the terrible, terrible choices made on what could've been one of their best albums.

Wow, we REALLY disagree. I've said it before and I'll say it again, based on the work he did on Sleater-Kinney's "The Woods", I think Sonic Youth should bring in Dave Fridmann to produce their new platter [if there IS one]. I LOVE the way that record sounds...live, raw, blown, and about to come off the tracks at any moment [see the jam section of 'Jumpers']. If Fridmann could capture SY's live energy on record it would simply be amazing.

"'Wilderness' and most of 'What's Mine Is Yours' sound like prime Sleater-Kinney, as does much of the rest of The Woods. Fridmann's presence is far from disruptive; you can hardly hear him in the mix, except for a little sludge in the low end-- a nice substitution for a bass player. Instead of weighing them down with single-mic'd Flaming Lips drums or Delgados density, he simply steps out of the way and allows them to sound larger, louder, and looser."
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|