View Single Post
Old 07.15.2011, 05:58 PM   #45
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
You forget that they were exceptional musicians!! I think that almost goes without saying though, but I find their records totally captivating and exciting!! Like say you didn't know all about the capes and flying pianos and whatnot and took a record like the s/t at face value - I mean you might draw a different conclusion than the status quo. They just had a live show at the time that is comparable to a Lady Gaga show now. It's show business, but with classical songs getting the rock and roll treatment!!

How come no one can talk about Hawkwind without mentioning Stacias gigantic breasts?

There's no need to doubt they were good musicians from a technical standpoint but the fact that their achievments are so overwhelmingly eclipsed by the spectacle surrounding them has to say something about the poverty of their musical creativity.

And while it may just be me, I'm a big Hawkwind fan and have almost never mentioned Stacia. She may get a mention on a tv documentary or by those for whom she's all they know about them (aslthough I've yet to meet such a person) but either way I really don't think she's had any significant impact on their enduring legacy. A sideshow to ELP's main event.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|