View Single Post
Old 07.15.2011, 05:46 PM   #44
The Watcher
children of satan

The Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's assesThe Watcher kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I can appreciate The Watcher's bid to present ELP as more than just excess but almost everything I'm seeing in this thread reinforces the idea that excess remains pretty much the only thing about them that's worth mentioning. The difference is that when people talk about Can, nobody bothers to mention the onstage juggler.

You forget that they were exceptional musicians!! I think that almost goes without saying though, but I find their records totally captivating and exciting!! Like say you didn't know all about the capes and flying pianos and whatnot and took a record like the s/t at face value - I mean you might draw a different conclusion than the status quo. They just had a live show at the time that is comparable to a Lady Gaga show now. It's show business, but with classical songs getting the rock and roll treatment!!

How come no one can talk about Hawkwind without mentioning Stacias gigantic breasts?