View Single Post
Old 10.14.2014, 09:56 AM   #120
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasx
That's true, but what can you do? Thurston's stuff is closest thing to Sonic Youth there is anymore.

I'd have to agree w/ this as Lee's "Dust" sounds more like classic rock with folk influences w/ a modern touch (from 90's to present).

Body/Head is just a completely different animal...

I'm not sure what to think of "The Best Day" some of the songs are quite simplistic sounding and harken back to psychic hearts and some mid/late 90's era SY, nothing wrong with that... it is what it is. I like the recording quality oddly and Deb Googe was a good choice on bass she has a driving bass sound that meshs well w/ Steve's drumming. The acoustic songs sound like leftovers from Demolished Thoughts w/o the heavy Beck production.

The songs sound better live (from at least a few youtube vids and KEXP webcast) as the album tracks are at abit slower pace...

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|