View Single Post
Old 01.13.2014, 06:57 PM   #17687
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
What were some of the films?

shit, i just sent it back. all i remember was that it was in part paid for some andy warhol foundation. lemme pull up some info…

http://www.filmpreservation.org/dvds...ant-garde-film

i got disc 1:

This disc includes the following short films: "Film No. 3: Interwoven," "Notes on the Circus," "Here I Am," "Fake Fruit Factory," "Odds & Ends," "Eyewash," "Peyote Queen," "7362," "Aleph," "Note to Pati," "By Night with Torch and Spear," "The Riddle of Lumen" and "The End."

they were all very boring to me. no maya deren or kuchar brothers or kenneth anger. lots of home films shown in negative, lots of dancing colors and shit like that. shaky cameras, etc. even promising titles like "peyote queen" were disappoints. the only one with a narrative was "the end" but it was like a bad short story written by a continental philosophy student who liked to ramble too much. oh, there was one documentary of sorts that showed special ed children playing with blocks and stuff. just looking. but i've seen kindergartens and nursing homes and special ed people, and it's not like this was "7 up" or anything. so it was all boring. fuck, i sound mean. i don't mean to be mean. but i had much higher expectations. maybe i was in the wrong frame of mind.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|