View Single Post
Old 11.17.2012, 11:09 AM   #8
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think My Bloody Valentine is " too old to be my father." My father is in his mid '60s. Now, if you're talking about Kevin Shields... You're still way off.

Most of the bands I listen to are made up of people who are either younger thanI am, or ten-twenty years older (like the band we are all here to "get gay over"). So all in all, I think that's a pretty half-assed insult, and not at all a good point.

But why does that matter? I would probably love a new MBV album no matter what, but am also conscious of the fact that it might not be received well by younger audiences. It would be a shame if the album bombed because some 22 year-old Pitchfork writer said it was dated. My liking it would not stop MBV's record from being fucked, and that's my real concern. I want new generations to continue to get into the band, and modern critics have absolute authority over all of that.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|