View Single Post
Old 05.17.2009, 06:57 AM   #42
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Y'know, for a young girl to like Sonic Youth -- I don't care if it's Miley Cyrus or the Be Your Own Pet chick or WHO -- ... it's not all that rare, really. I knew a few young girls who liked them. Hell, a 15-year-old girl got ME into the band! It's actually kinda cool. Sonic Youth aren't some hip underground band, they've been on a major label, on MTV, on the Simpsons, on magazine covers, etc., etc., etc...

People who see it, you know.. fans... her MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF FANS.. might end up checking out their music... the whole thing is actually cool. The tone in some of the posts in this thread are ridiculous. Miley Cyrus makes good music, too! And her show is hilarious! Why hate on her? Sure, it's manufactured pop crap, sure she's only famous because of her name... but BEHIND all that, there is still a person there, and she doesn't seem too bad, in all actuality. Posing naked and doing these dumb web pictures is kinda gross and silly, but at least you can tell she IS a different person behind all the marketing and other $$$ related bullshit.

Speaking of which, I highly doubt some marketing consultant of hers said, "HEY! WEAR A SONIC YOUTH SHIRT! IT'LL MAKE YOU 'KEWL'." More than likely, as I said a page back, she saw Juno and/or went to Starbucks and liked what she heard. Who gives a fuck? "Oh no, my precious band is becoming less and less mainstream! There's no way their music could have affected Miley in the same way it affected me when I got stoned one time and listened to them!" Get a life.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|