View Single Post
Old 08.31.2017, 07:26 AM   #49074
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses

The Backbeat Band
Backbeat
1994, So here's an idea: make a movie in 1994 about the early Beatles. But instead of getting a band to try to sound like the early Beatles, just get Dave Pirner, Greg Dulli, Thurston Moore, Don Fleming, Mike Mills and Dave Grohl to run through these old standards. It's a good idea, and probably sounded like a genius idea in 1994. The results are slightly less wild than I might have hoped for, though. I mean yeah these are sloppier versions, and sure Pirner and Dulli sound like Pirner and Dulli. But I don't know, there's not quite as much personality here as there could be. For the most part it just kind of sounds like an especially energetic cover band. I'm sure they had fun. It sounds like it anyway. But there's just nothing truly standout here. Maybe it works well for the movie - I've never seen it. Or maybe I'm just being too hard on the recordings given that it's a bit of a supergroup filled with guys from bands I love. Oh well.