View Single Post
Old 02.01.2013, 07:33 PM   #20
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
A list of highlights

Thurstons story about being in Newcastle and ordering Newcastle Brown Ale, and confusing CAMRA (The Campaign for Real Ale) with an actual drink.

Michael Chapmans story about having dinner with John Fahey, and the subsequent song written for the event. When he was doing the slide guitar bit i could only imagine the flag slipping from Fahey's body and revealing the full Fahey beneath.

Michael Chapmans last song, which he dedicated to Jack Rose, and was the best piece of music of the evening.

Psychic Hearts - One of my top 3 favourite Thurston vocal performances, it was fantastic to hear him sing it live.

The final improv work between the two of them - I felt it could have gone on a good while longer than it did, but whilst it was there it was great

The fact my seating arrangement was :

NICE COUPLE _ ME _ JAPANESE GUY WHO WAS ZONED OUT WITH JOY
and the fact I had a very nice chat with the lady of the nice couple about why Thurston's combining with Chapman made such sense.

The fact the bar only charged me for one drink when i got two - YES!

All in all, a 9.5/10 evening. And i cheated the fucked up public transport on the way home. So that makes it 9.6

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|