View Single Post
Old 08.13.2016, 03:15 PM   #4380
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Some fucked up part of me wants to be scared, or disturbed somehow, by the things I read. It's taken me to some weird places, I must say. I like it when the dark corners of my imagination are activated, and Sparrow did just that. Made me think of the "evil" that awaits all good men in this life in one form or another. It's a common theme in many of my favorite novels, and even in my favorite non-fiction books. I love a good hero, but I love a good villain even more, and the more vague the better. So a book about a journey to find God that ends in complete life-shattering disaster and suffering that couldn't have possibly been predicted appeals to me.

I don't really know why this is, but it's a part of who I am. I'm a good person (I guess... for what it's worth and how little it ultimately matters, I'm disgusted by the idea of causing harm to anyone or anything), but if I were Luke Skywalker, the galaxy would have been fucked. I would have chosen the dark side out of simple fascination.
yeah im more of a semibuddhist. i just cant go for a god that requires human sacrifices. i get that it's meant to be symbolic but katoliki is well over for me. and the good vs evil business is more of an american thing than catholic proper. i mean in that 'roids sort of obsession. this is why i can't stand superhero comix after age 11.

eta: jesuits developed and codified casuistry. that is all about the non-black-and-white.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|