View Single Post
Old 06.06.2007, 01:39 PM   #74
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Because I can hardly play guitar at all, I tend to listen to guitarists differently to those who can. I'm not especially overwhelmed by Hendrix's technique because, frankly, I'm overwhelmed by almost all guitarist's technique. What I'm left with is the actual sounds/melodies they produce. I'd definitely say that the intro to Voodoo Chile (Slight Return) is one of the most awesome things I've heard on any instrument. Then again I could say the same about the main riff on The Cramps' New Kind of Kick, but noone could describe Bryan Gregory as - so to speak - a 'great' guitarist. Or maybe they could. Who knows?

At the end of all this, we're only REALLY left with subjectivity. Whoever may or may not be the 'best' pales into insignificance besides who you prefer listening to. I'll always prefer listening to Bryan Gregory over Jimi Hendrix. But that's not to say he's a better guitarist.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|