View Single Post
Old 01.21.2019, 05:25 PM   #23412
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDom
I will co-sign. Bresson always floors me. That atmosphere he creates really draws you into its vacuum and then he startles you with moments of poetry and grace. The end of Pickpocket, when the music plays as they kiss after all that silence is almost unbearably beautiful. And Balthazar? I think about it almost every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQPrlkUjKrw

At first, I did not like Country Priest or Mouchette as much as I loved Balthazar or Pickpocket. Mouchette especially feel at times like Balthazar 2. I need to rewatch that one soon. Fuck it, both of them are in the que now.

I highly recommend L'argent to anyone who's never seen it. It was made in, I think, '83 and it was his last film. It is a film with absolutely no fat at all and is suffocatingly bleak, but I think it is a great culmination of his body of work.

Also, Paul Schrader's recent film First Reformed is a bit of a Country Priest remake (although that's not exactly what it is). Maybe if one doesn't dig Bresson's Country Priest, try checking that out.

Oh man Bresson! I'm going to go watch Mouchette now.
ah so glad to see the thread return to... relevant matters lol

what queue is this? are you streaming? and if so, from where?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|