View Single Post
Old 11.06.2012, 11:53 AM   #35389
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytor Peltor
Last Thursday, a doctor performed a bedside tracheotomy in ICU. Within a few hours, his blood pressure and breathing became stable and remained this way overnight. Friday morning, they moved him to another floor of the hospital for long term rehabilitation. Friday was GREAT! He could mouth words / make facial expressions and we all knew it was HIM still inside there. Late Saturday afternoon his blood pressure started spiking and he seemed agitated / not comfortable and the decision was made to intubate.

Since then whenever he wakes up, he his himself and wants to communicate. However, usually within 15 minutes or so the blood pressure starts to shoot up and they knock him back out for sedation type rest. Thankfully the blood pressure drops as quickly as it increases.

Later this morning, they will be taking him to the OR for another tracheotomy. We are told once the breathing is stabilized and they wean him off the ventilator machine, his blood pressure should stop the crazy spikes. As crazy as it may sound, the next step after this would be to work on his swallowing.

When resting and no one bothering him, his blood pressure is running: 124/ 66. When the respiratory therapist or other personal starts a breathing treatment or draw blood, the blood pressure shoots up to 190/98.

So, I guess we can say he has moments of stabilization.

Thanks for asking floating......this Friday will complete his fourth week in the hospital.

You and I are in the same boat with different people.

My mother has been at St. Lukes,a dn now at a skilled nursing place due to complications from her Hepatitis C, her cirrhosis, and what appears to be developing encephalopathy, due to a TIPS procedure done to relieve pressure on varices she had in her esophagus. it has been real hellish the last two weeks.
my bro and I are looking for a place assisted living for her. Life can get all up in your ass.