View Single Post
Old 04.23.2007, 10:36 AM   #33
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
apparently the governator is quite a pragmatic guy who was pushed back from his extreme positions by the legislature and the people. since he's not the complete meathead most people think he is, he started a swift move to the centre where he's been quite successful. he's one of the few republicans to admit the existence of global warming. he's for stem cell research. and calling for universal health care is what got the clinton government into trouble in their early days.

i predict reelection, and i don't think that would actually be so bad, partisan preferences aside.

o wait, term limits apply i think. so scratch that. but i think he'll be a tough act to follow.

I do take the point that california could have a much worse governor. I guess my main worry is the kinda of message it sends out. That anyone with a famous face and money can just decide to become Governor.

In fairness I wouldnt stand for a position as high as that without having some prior lower level experience. I think the UK is about as big as California. So from my point of view its like someone being on Coronation Street one second and being Prime Minister the next. The whole thing reeks of insanity and irresponsibility. Arnie probebly has been very lucky so far and has some very good people around him. I just believe major politicians should have experience and should work up slowly gaining the nessassary skills to take on such a big job. And it really is a big job being Gov. of California.