View Single Post
Old 06.18.2008, 03:14 PM   #1
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
The worst thing that can happen to CDs is the "disc rot" problem. I have a couple of CDs that have this (a Current 93 live at Maldorer cd and an original pressing on the label Shock of the Moore/Sauter/Deitrich Barefoot in the Head cd, not refering to the Forced Exposure reissue), I have learned that a lot of CDs that were manufactured by the English pressing plant "PDO" in the early 90's (and some others) can have this "disc rot".

First, the edges on the label side change to a bronze color. Then, the "bronzing" grows towards the inside. Slowly, the tracks begin to skip, starting with the last one. Eventually, the disc will end up "dead"... luckily only the Current 93 disc has the skipping and isn't dead yet, and the Moore/Sauter/Deitrich still plays fine...

Has anyone else experienced this? I hope not too many of you encountered this problem...
scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|