View Single Post
Old 09.13.2012, 05:40 AM   #16179
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Thanks for the Kusama recommendations.

Ilsa She Wolf is an interesting film. It feels like it should've been made in Italy, given the fascination a lot of Italian movies have with the whole SS/S&M thing, even in some of its artier films (Rome Open City, The Night Porter, etc). I used to think it was a cheap cash in on Boys From Brazil until realising it actually predates it by a few years. I've a book somewhere on the Nazi's apparent love/hate relationship with women. I can't remember the title but I'll dig it out. Do you remember the title of the book about Irma Grese? I feel a brand new fascination brewing.

The book I've read, ''The Beautiful Beast: The Life and Crimes of SS-Aufseherin Irma Grese'', generally gets positive reviews and personally I thought it's an interesting read in terms of getting to know how far ''regular'' people will go in order to inflict atrocious pain on fellow human beings and get some insight into their own attitude towards physical and mental suffering in general. That's pretty much the only interest I have in this sort of stuff, and it was sort of brought up by watching some of those ‘’New French Extremity’’ (I know, terrible term which doesn’t do some of these directors any justice) movies. Other than that, I have never really liked the nazi/fascist/totalitarian/wartime dominatrix/s&m look. I am all for floral and polka dot motifs and eternal peace and well-being for everyone.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|