View Single Post
Old 09.12.2018, 02:40 PM   #6
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
She was ahead of her time and was attacking an institution nobody was ready to hear yet sadly.
ok, i don't wanna nitpick here, but i think martin luther, the french revolution, the bolsheviks, the spanish republic, and various latin american political movements, as well as many others i can't name, were way ahead of sinéad here. wasn't this bob geldof's idea after all?

the thing with the pope picture she tore up, he happened to be a charismatic and popular figure who was lionized for his polish provenance and anticommunist leanings, as well as nazi resister past, and so after the cold war ended he had a very particular public image that was political not just religious. "the pope won the cold war" kinda. same lie ronnie raygun acolytes tell about that president.

anyway i saw the thing and laughed/applauded, but sinéad wasn't really the most eloquent messenger, she just looked deranged. a bit like a schizophrenic tearing up a picture of santy kloss in front of a million children. i mean, sure, he doesn't exist, but what will the children do and the parents think. there are better ways. like lawsuits.

anyway yeah the pervert priest thing has always been well known in catholic countries. i attended catholic school because they were the only ones who'd take me (lol), and at home we all got warnings about that sort of shit, never be alone with a priest, etc. it was always a well known thing. i have a cousin who kicked a priest in the nuts when the priest tried to lure him at school. after the fact the priest got sent somewhere. yeah. sorta like having a dog with rabies but "eh, it's family dog" and it actually goes to a farm, where he bites others.

back then it was attributed to the mandatory celibacy business-- the church being a perfect place for pedos to hide in plain sight. every kid who ever wanted to be a priest was seen as a fucked weirdo for this reason (among others). but who knows what is what. it's not just catholic priests who are pedos. plenty others out there. the boy scouts? summer camps? schools? coaches? music teachers?

endless.

i watch father ted religiously though. it's hilarious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|