View Single Post
Old 07.20.2010, 03:11 AM   #6
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a huge fan of LTiP but I do think Brando is incredible in it. Love him in Streetcar Named Desire and On the Waterfront too, and prefer them as films overall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I think DeNiro, Pacino, Keitel, Oldman, and Walken are the best actors of our generation.

Interesting choice. I tend to think DeNiro, Pacino and (to a lesser degree) Walken represent a slightly older era now, in that I'd say their best work was probably in the 70s and 80s. Keitel i still think is interesting, though. My favourite 'lost' actor of that generation is definitely John Cazale, and I can't ignore Meryl Streep, Robert Duvall, Diane Keaton and Gene Hackman - all brilliant, but again doing their best work in the 70s and 80s. I've never been able to get into Gary Oldman, for some reason - although he seems to fall somewhere between that generation and this one - same with Sean Penn.

Off the top of my head, actors I'd consider the best of this current generation would be Steve Buscemi, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Leonardo DiCaprio, Kevin Spacey, Daniel Day Lewis, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and John Turturro.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|