View Single Post
Old 03.13.2008, 01:50 PM   #74
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
As a preschooler in the early to mid '70s, I dug The Partridge Family; I also liked my parents' old Kingston Trio, Ian & Sylvia, Peter, Paul & Mary, Johnny Cash, Skeeter Davis and Dickey Lee LPs and 45s. I discovered Alice Cooper via The Muppet Show in '76, and then KISS followed shortly after courtesy of an older friend who was in 7th grade. Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and Lynyrd Skynyrd were next to grab my fancy, and then Jethro Tull, Pink Floyd, Yes, The Nice, The Doors, Lou Reed and Joni Mitchell--who was heavily into her jazz/fusion phase by this time (1980--remember Shadows And Light?). Punk and New Wave were happening big-time by then, but I found it rather difficult to find such stuff in small-town record stores (and the radio stations frowned on only the most commercial of these acts). I did dig The Clash, however, and several other forgotten one-hit wonders of those styles. I also wanted to shove my tongue up Rachel Sweet's plump ass. She loved it when we called her 'Baby'!
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|