View Single Post
Old 05.22.2006, 10:32 AM   #40
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I sort of agree with Laila about Youth Against Fascism. But I don't really like songs that are so blatantly political, they just don't seem clever to me. I find it hard to like political songs by bands other than Gang of Four or Fugazi because they pretty much perfected the art of the political song.

I like Dirty though- 100%, Swimsuit Issue, Drunken Butterfly, Theresa's Sound World, Wish Fulfillment, Sugar Kane, Orange Rolls Angel's Spit, Purr, JC, Creme Brulee.

My favorite SY albums would have to be Confusion is Sex, Daydream Nation, Goo and Murray Street. Mainly because those ones seem the most coherent and the least hodgepodgey, like a lot of SY albums do. I don't see everone's fascination with Washing Machine, I'd rank it in one of my least favorites.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|