Thread: UK elections
View Single Post
Old 06.11.2017, 05:06 PM   #13
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt
May had this election with the sole purpose of gaining more seats in parliament and making the conservatives stronger to push through whatever laws they wanted post EU negotiations. It was a gamble that failed massively.

I don't necessarily disagree with her decision to have an election (at least from a tactical point of view) but I can't for the life of me understand the thinking behind her manifesto. She had this in the bag. Even with her lack of charisma, all she had to do was say a couple of good things about Brexit and wait for a landslide. Why aggravate the grey-vote she's so dependent on by targeting them for tax? Why needlessly alienate potential voters by reversing the ban on fox-hunting, especially when anyone in favour of it was likely always gonna vote Tory anyway? Did she really think refusing to debate Corbyn would reflect better on her than on him? Seriously, how did she let herself get into a position where she couldn't get a majority over a party with a self confessed marxist in charge of the budget, a leader who struggled to throw off his associations with the IRA (during a campaign marked by three terror attacks) ... and Diane Abbott. It's like your point in the football thread about anyone being able to manage Real Madrid. I disagree with your friends point, but then again, I reckon most people could've done a better job of securing a Tory majority against a Corbyn lead Labour party. They wouldn't even need to be Tories, just have an atom of common sense.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|