View Single Post
Old 12.02.2008, 06:00 PM   #4
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
good one:

1. Metallica-Kill em All
2. Slayer-Reign in Blood
3. Metallica-Master of Puppets
4. Slayer-Haunting the Chapel EP
5. Celtic Frost-De Mysteriees Dom Santhanas
6. Voivod-Killing Technology

Yknow what I realized? If there is any contemporary music I HATE today is stupid lame party thrash and overly technical and formulaic grindcore, im talking bands like municipal waste and cephalic carnage and shit like that. also, i realized i hate all metalcore, whether it be integrity or converge, or even the artier stuff like botch. why you ask? because it takes the punk out of hardcore and the fun and/or meaning out of music. thing is, i liked this music, or i thought i did, untill 6 months ago. since then ive made a point of selling off all this shit.

fact of the matter is, hardcore, grindcore, thrash metal, death metal, and grindcore were all once in a lifetime movements of unbelievable creativity and innovation that can not be created. punk rock has survived because it splintered off and became more experimental, but then the bands that just copied hardcore did it more lame and unoriginal. like, as hard as pig destroyer tries to make thier "scum". it just wont happen. thrash peaked with "reign in blood". real hardcore as far as we care died shit in the us in 86, and prolly worldwide around 89. the whole point of grindcore was to make this ultra lo fi agressive hardcore music that was still oddly technical and progressive, but now all these bands just try and throw in as many blast beats into a song as possible.

the only genre of metal that still seems to be doing ok is black metal, as the old bands like gorgoroth have no problem totally sticking to thier already perfected, and new bands have no problem playing around with experimental sounds, and pyha's "haunted house" is twistedly brilliant. looks like for now, extreme music will be mostly noise and no wave. not that i have a problem with that, id rather listen to cock esp than (insert goofy grindcore name here) for however long the screeeching noise makes me go deaf.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|