View Single Post
Old 06.12.2010, 05:26 PM   #22
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
yeah i can see you've already invoked the "but if you would actually talk to the working class they'll tell you" defense... i don't see how she was presuming to speak on their behalf. anyway, what the hell is enjoying your national team without buying into the jingoism? if not mentioning this is an insult to the working class then i guess i must be insulting them, because i do not see this happening, or it being anything other than the supposedly correct way to appreciate a stupid ritual that i think is bullshit. so whatever.

also - classless? but you just said it was made up of millionaires from nice comfortable backrounds. how can it be classless? thats like the opposite conception of what class is.

and i disagree completely with the "its in our instincts thing". this is just the pyschological ideology of competitive capitalism. its an inverted view of things. i disagree that people behave that way, that is a description of their behaviour but one that refuses to see the behaviour as a consequence of their material conditions and instead tries to place it inside them as if such competitiveness was encoded into their very body. i do not agree that because there are sports there must be something inside us that needs to release suppressed instincts cathartically (is that even possible?).

i think it was you that i made this arguement too in another thread?
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|