View Single Post
Old 02.06.2015, 08:01 AM   #38373
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
if even a fraction of the people whose jobs will be taken by computers within the next few decades were aware of it...

you can sit and ask me "BUT HOW DOES IT KNOW??" when i try and explain self driving cars to you, and you can ask me this over and over again until you nearly crash your own, these things actually exist.

nothing in the brain that makes you special or supernatural and that cant be replicated as machinic function.

adapt or whine bitches.

yes, maybe a robot could do my work, but could it also smoke thousands of cigarettes during breaks? I mean, i got philip morris on my side! He'll secure my income so can buy his product and smoke myself to death, no?

well, right now i'm more worried about humans, french humans. We have a lawsuit running against the republic of france, who is suing us and wants us out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
someone who needs the cash, likes their work, and is looking to make "industry" connections

i mean, the guy said he doesn't know what to do with his free time

and if the heater broke and they have to close for a week-- who knows what will happen to the place next?

i'd line me up some interviews...

good advice! I have some options where I could start working if current place goes to shits. but then you can never have enough of these options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
maybe in 2005, but these days message boards are superslow

if you wanna stay home & do nothing you could read a big fat book, binge on all 5 seasons on "the wire" or play a computer game non-stop until your metabolism shuts down.

alternatively you could go on vacation.

or-- you could look for some temp work replacing someone somewhere and make some money while the place reopens.

okay. i have to get to work but i'll reread & reply.

I stopped watching movies and tv shows (at least I like to think that). But yeah, watched the wire twice. good stuff.

I did read for a while though. Thomas Bernhard - don't know how familiar people outside german speaking countries are with him.... you'd like!

“We must allow ourselves to think, we must dare to think, even though we fail. It is in the nature of things that we always fail, because we suddenly find it impossible to order our thoughts, because the process of thinking requires us to consider every thought there is, every possible thought. Fundamentally we have always failed, like all the others, whoever they were, even the greatest minds. At some point, they suddenly failed and their system collapsed, as is proved by their writings, which we admire because they venture farthest into failure. To think is to fail, I thought.”

Then I made spätzle. Turned out fantastic.

went to practice space to play with my new duo project. not sure if that project is a good idea...
she's awesome
http://vimeo.com/29231427

you all should watch this now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWpMZUorNc
Giavanna Marina
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|