View Single Post
Old 08.08.2012, 01:01 PM   #2989
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
Just read The Songs of Distant Earth by Arthur C. Clarke. I didn't like it as it mostly centred around the tedious, petty, inane and selfish personal politics of the dull characters on a settled alien world, just as dull, one can only liken to the kind of holiday resort atoll favoured by wealthy, odious, self-absorbed cunts.

I've read Clarke twice. 2001 and Childhood's End. 2001 I really liked, but that might've been from viewing the book through the lens of the movie that I immensely enjoyed. Childhood's End I didn't really like at all. But I read it when I was a junior. Might be able to appreciate it more by now. I admit the ideas were sort of hard for me to swallow. I still want to read a few of his books, like Rendezvous With Rama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99

Was this good? I've wanted to read it ever since I saw this video of Harlan Ellison on Sci-Fi Vortex back in the 90's talking about this book.

Been reading this:

My initial conclusions so far is that Ignatius is a huge dickhead. But I'm only 40 pages in.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|