View Single Post
Old 03.28.2015, 05:45 PM   #46356
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
I'm reading about Severian listening to music while I dance about music journalism.

You know, as much as I enjoy shamelessly holding forth about music in massive, impenetrable blocks of text which I then plaster onto the walls of the internet without solicitation.... I've gotta say, I kind of hate "music journalism."

That is, album reviews and stories about stupid crap that happens in Jack White's I-don't-give-a-fuck life. Biographies, interviews and big-picture features about music's place in society and culture are easier to swallow.

But even though I'd totally do it myself if the opportunity was present, it's INSANE to think that some people make damn good money getting free copies of albums and writing down their first-impressions (and THATS ALL). Really, it's really fucking insane. Less legitimate than sports writing... hell, less legit than sports commentating.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|