View Single Post
Old 12.31.2009, 08:04 PM   #9065
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't seen the original Bad Lieutenant but as others have said, Herzog's film isn't related. I'd probably give it an 8/10, and have to say that Nicolas Cage was really at the top of his game in this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Would be awful if Herzog wasn't involved, I'd imagine, since the few scenes of surrealism are what saves it from mediocrity.

I'd have to disagree, and say that the vulgar material that Herzog was working with, in contrast to the beauty behind his unique style are what really made this film shine. Sure, without Herzog directing this film wouldn't be nearly as entertaining, but can't that be said for much of his work?
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|