View Single Post
Old 08.16.2011, 12:14 PM   #15033
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
Hellraiser

8/10

I know that Clive Barker is gay, but I can't help but wonder if he's into BDSM? Because it seems a lot of his work contains strains of that sort of thing...anyway, I enjoyed this film, but I'm not sure if I want to see it again anytime soon. Gore doesn't always bother me, but it seems like everyone in this film is a complete idiot! Frank was an idiot for wanting to buy/use the Lament Configuration in the first place, Julia was an idiot for falling for his "charms", Larry was an idiot for not doing something about her increasingly strange behaviour (and just being an idiot in general), the dudes Julia brought to the house so she could spill their blood to further regenerate Frank were idiots for going along with it, and Kirsty was an idiot for messing around with the box again! I dunno, Hellraiser definitely deserves its 80s horror classic status, but for me it's not the kind of film you watch again and again. A little ambivalent about checking out any the sequels, because I think this story could stand on its own.