View Single Post
Old 05.15.2012, 01:44 PM   #107
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Thanks for the files, despite their lossiness. I won't consider such a recording as a pirate release nor even a bootleg, unless it was taken down because someone was making a profit off it, which wouldn't go to the band's hands. According to my point of view, a good audience recording, a capture of an FM broadcast (I'm looking at you, KEXP) or even a decent HD video, might even be actually helpful to bands and record labels in the sense that it helps to spread something closer to a notion of what are the virtues and flaws in the band's music, and thus could either create interest or not in the consumer to go buy the official artifact (or not), based on one's own judgement rather than on someone else's hyperbole guided by some other interests. I understand how an artist can consider even a youtube video as a detrimental tool against them and what they do, and even as an act of stealing music, though. Anyway, thanks again for the upload. I am still interested in a lossless copy and probably should e-mail that blogger with a trade offer, but the .MP3s you have provided should suffice for a while, SuchFriendsAreDangerous. Much appreciated.

Those WarPaint files are exactly as I downloaded them from the original link

Simply put, shutting down bootlegs is the same old dinosaur label tactics which I quoted Thurston criticising over twenty years ago. We have come a long way forward in the indie and diy music game, but we still have a few more dinosaurs to outlast.

[quote] and they will die.. and then we'll move into their homes." Kurt Cobain

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|