View Single Post
Old 08.18.2020, 04:34 PM   #3229
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon

I remember starting to watch this over a decade ago after someone on myspace (that's how you can tell it was a decade ago) had recommended it to me. For some reason I stopped watching after episode 6 or so, intending to pick it up again. Alas, it didn't happen until now.

Generally really well made, but there are some things in it that absolutely wouldn't fly today (and rightfully so). Very rough around the edges, but the core writing is quite engaging, as are its characters. I have some other minor gripes like the multitude of deus ex machina solutions that seem to save the day quite often, but a really enjoyable watch nonetheless.

Also: Stopped watching after I got to one episode in which the transphobia was just mind-boggingly vicious, even for the times it was produced in.

Besides, all the goodwill it had gained with some solid character moments in the first few episodes was completely eroded once the main character seemed to turn increasingly OP with each passing episode, turning it into a monster/obstacle of the week show. Bah, trite.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|