View Single Post
Old 02.24.2019, 09:58 PM   #2468
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
but it was in your argument see.

it is distorting

it is the current mode of thought

liberals are becoming bolsheviks. it’s been a long brewing process but it’s happening now.

everyone is going to the extremes

I am not on that extreme, and I’m troubled by the same extremism. Any extremism is a fucked up and a recipe for political and social disaster.

I’m OK with this instance because Tambor’s life wasn’t ruined, and he left by choice. I feel that’s appropriate if half the women you’re working with are saying you harassed them.

He’s not Spacey. He’s not blacklisted. His life isn’t over. He just left a show. I don’t think it’s extremism to not shed tears about it.

But I’m conflicted too. About all of it.

I really don’t have any of the answers, but this seems like not an unjust solution — Tambor leaving of his own volition. Just doesn’t keep me up at night the way other situations do.

Calling for violence against anyone in any instance other than the defense of yourself or someone in need is horrifying, and I have friend who think I’m a goddamn Nazi sympathizer because I don’t think it’s OK to punch strangers in MAGA hats. Do I want to smack a MAGA troll? Sure. But that’s fantasy. Doing it is not why I am about, and not what many of my friends were about when they started to develop their political identities. They’ve changed, many of them. It grosses me out.

If anyone can say anyone is a Nazi because they voted for Trump, and anyone can say anyone is anything because of what they are, that’s not OK.

Again, I’m anti-extremism in all forms.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|