View Single Post
Old 12.01.2016, 09:39 AM   #946
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Hey, I was tempted to merely write "No shit," but I thought you deserved better.

I often--maybe every three days or so--recall some Monty Python bit or line or song and I smile. Sometimes I even laugh out loud.

Warning: some of the later episodes are deadly dull.

i don't know where you got your bootlegs or when, but this is the first time i've been able to access the complete thing. not "here's that bit about spam" or "dead parrot sketch" or "nobody expects the spanish inquisition" or "one hour of john cleese's favorite stuff" but just one-whole-full-episode-after-another, warts and all, the 2nd and 3rd rate material preserved uncut.

at 3 episodes per disc on the first volume, looks like i'm about to tackle about 48 whole unbroken episodes, which is fucking massive.

i mean especially massive considering the densely packed absurdity of each one-- it's not like 2 seasons of mainstream american tv where they take 5 minutes of dull dialogue to explain some basic shit and play music while they make faces (i say this after my 5th season or so of the walking dead).

even really funny american shows like sunny or louie (i've lost track of louie lately) have a lot of dead space in it. this is machine guns. especially in this format.

ETA: anyway sorry for the aggro before, your recommendation/endorsement read like a putdown
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|